Requirements for Nomination
- Employed as a full-time, certified K-12 teacher in either the Bradley County or Cleveland City school system with a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and inspires students with a love of learning
- Involved personally in the community [e. g., religious, civic, and other community/volunteer organizations]
- Communicates effectively across all racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds
- Admired and respected by students, parents, and colleagues
- Utilizes creative, current, and relevant strategies in the classroom
- Embodies the spirit of teaching demonstrated by Lillie Frank Fitzgerald—professional, articulate, and passionate about education
Reviewed by Committee
All applications are reviewed by an independent committee established through the Bradley/Cleveland Public Education Foundation.
The Nominator must compile and submit a nomination packet online as a pdf document to containing the following:
- Single page letter from the nominator outlining the reason(s) the teacher is nominated for the award.
- Single page letters of recommendation from one peer and current supervisor.
- History of the nominee including
- Full resume
- Achievements and recognitions in the field of education
- Civic, and community involvement
- Family information
- Single page statement of teaching philosophy from the nominee.
- Include a brief description of how the professional award will be utilized for classroom enhancement.
E-mail the nomination packet as a pdf document to [email protected] or submit using the application linked below. If you have been previously nominated and wish to be reconsidered for the award, please update your information and resubmit the nomination packet through this site.