Requirements for Nomination
- Employed as a full-time, certified K-12 teacher in either the Bradley County or Cleveland City school system with a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and inspires students with a love of learning
- Involved personally in the community [e. g., religious, civic, and other community/volunteer organizations]
- Communicates effectively across all racial, cultural, and economic backgrounds
- Admired and respected by students, parents, and colleagues
- Utilizes creative, current, and relevant strategies in the classroom
- Embodies the spirit of teaching demonstrated by Lillie Frank Fitzgerald—professional, articulate, and passionate about education
Reviewed by Committee
All applications are reviewed by an independent committee established through the Bradley/Cleveland Public Education Foundation.
The Nominator must compile and submit a nomination packet online as a pdf document to containing the following:
- Letter from the nominator outlining the reason(s) the teacher is nominated for the award
- Letters of recommendation from one peer and current supervisor
- History of the nominee including
- Full resume
- Achievements and recognitions in the field of education
- Civic, and community involvement
- Family information
- A statement of teaching philosophy from the nominee.
- Include a brief description of how the professional award for classroom use will be utilized
E-mail the nomination packet as a pdf document to [email protected] or submit using the application linked below.