Awards and Programs for Teachers:
TEACHER GRANTS-GUIDELINES (INDIVIDUAL OR TEAM)
- Any full-time, certified teacher or administrator is eligible to submit an application for an INDIVIDUAL teacher grant requesting funding up to $1000 per proposal. One grant proposal per teacher may be submitted. INDIVIDUAL teacher grants may request partial or full project funding.
- OR a TEAM of full-time, certified teachers may request up to $5000 per grant proposal within a single grant season. A TEAM of teachers (full-time, certified) is defined by the individual school. It may consist of a grade level team, a cross-curricular team, a subject-specific team, a school-wide team, etc. Teachers submitting a TEAM proposal are NOT eligible to submit an INDIVIDUAL proposal.
- A TEAM Project Coordinator must be designated who will be the contact for BCPEF. The Coordinator must ensure the TEAM follows BCPEF’s guidelines for TEAM grant awards including proposed activity, donor response, and filing reports and reimbursement requests. TEAM grants may request partial or full project funding.
- Projects must directly benefit students academically.
- The following will not be funded:
- Capital improvements
- Classroom furnishings unless an integral part of project
- Salaries nor salary supplements
- Playground equipment
- Field Trips
- Athletic programs
- It is highly recommended that all teachers (first time submitters and those who have submitted past grants) attend the Teacher Grant Workshop (August 22, 2020, at the Cleveland Bradley County Public Library Community Room, 795 Church St NE, Cleveland, TN 37311 ) for the latest information on changes to the process and tips for writing successful grant proposals.
2. Grant Application Submissions:
- All teacher grant (INDIVIDUAL or TEAM) applications submitted by the deadline will be evaluated by a team of independent evaluators. The Educational Family Committee members form the nucleus of the evaluation team and the Grants Committee will make final award determinations. All applicants will be notified by e-mail when their application is received by the Foundation office.
- All submissions must use the online process. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- Complete the online COVERSHEET. When completed, the Coversheet will contain all necessary identifying information. It is critical that you use the same title on your cover sheet and application. Evaluation and scoring will be performed with the Coversheet removed to ensure a non-prejudicial process.
- NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE WITHIN THE GRANT PROPOSAL OR ATTACHMENTS YOUR NAME OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT COULD IDENTIFY YOU, THE SCHOOL, CLASSROOM OR SCHOOL SYSTEM. THE GRANT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Complete the online APPLICATION starting with the grant title. Complete each section, paying attention to and effectively explaining each bulleted point. It is recommended that you compose, copy and paste your work however, you are free to compose in the text box. There is no word count or character restrictions. You may save your work and return to it at a later time. When complete use the submit button. Once submitted, you will not be allowed to make changes to your grant proposal.
- Principal approval is required. Your submission is not complete until he/she sends BCPEF a confirmation email stating the grant title and your name. An easy way to do this is to send your principal an email requesting approval of your grant, stating the grant title. The principal forwards that email to email@example.com stating his/her approval. Of course, the principal can simply send an original email with the validating information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Award requirements and Reimbursement procedure:
- All applicants will be notified of award or non-award. Upon official notification of award, recipients may purchase only materials specified in the grant. The BCPEF Executive Director must approve any changes in use of grant funds. Grant funds may not be over-spent. Funds not spent will revert to BCPEF. Grant projects must be completed, and final expenditures made by April 15.
- When making purchases, use school purchase orders. After materials have been received, complete the Reimbursement Request by May 1 (download REQUEST ) and attach all invoice copies. Submit to school bookkeeper who will submit to BCPEF in order for the school to receive reimbursement.
4. Project Report and Donor Response
- Grant recipients will be notified identifying the specific donor who has funded the grant. The recipient must write a letter thanking the donor(s) for supporting the project through BCPEF, enclosing photos or class art work or other materials as appropriate. Send a copy to BCPEF.
- At the conclusion of the project or by May 15, the recipient must submit a Project Evaluation Report to the Foundation office by e-mail/pdf attachment. The report must include at a minimum:
- Results including Student Impact (incl. # of students)
- Itemized financial report
- Photos as appropriate which can be used for Foundation publicity
- Copies of communication with donor(s)
- Project evaluation reports are due no later than May 15.
5. Summary of Dates
- Teacher Grant Workshop: August 24, 2020
- Grant application deadline: September 25, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
- Award notification: October 26, 2020
- Thank you letters to donor(s) asap upon assignment (usually January) projects completed and purchases made: April 15, 2021
- Reimbursement requests: May 1, 2021
- Project evaluation report due: May 15, 2021