Fitzgerald Innovation Award:
- A team of full-time, certified teachers and/or administrators representing one of the public schools in Bradley County Schools or Cleveland City Schools will be eligible to submit an application for an award requesting funding up to $15,000. One proposal per school may be submitted within a single award season. The team is defined by the individual school. It may consist of a grade level team, a cross-curricular team, a subject-specific team, etc. A Project Coordinator must be designated who will be the contact for BCPEF. The Coordinator must ensure the team follows BCPEF’s guidelines for this award including proposed activity, donor response, and filing reports and reimbursement requests. Projects must directly benefit students academically.
- Up to but not exceeding 20% of the requested amount may be used for professional development applicable to the development and implementation of the project. Expenses may include conference registration fees, conference materials such as books, media materials, program manuals, etc. Award funding excludes travel, food, lodging, substitute teacher salary, etc.
- The following will not be funded:
- Capital improvements
- Classroom furnishings unless an integral part of project
- Salaries nor salary supplements
- Playground equipment
- Field Trips
- Athletic programs
2. Grant Application Submissions:
- All applications submitted by the deadline will be evaluated by a team of professional, educational and community representatives, rotating members of the BCPEF Executive Committee (excluding both directors of schools) and chaired by Rodney and Margo Fitzgerald, who will make final award determinations.
- All submissions must use the online process. Hard copies will not be accepted. All applicants will be notified by e-mail when their application is received by the Foundation office.
- Complete the online COVERSHEET. When completed, the Coversheet will contain all necessary contact information. It is critical to use the same title on the cover sheet and application.
- Complete the online APPLICATION starting with the project title. Complete each section, paying attention to and effectively explaining each bulleted point. It is recommended that you compose, copy and paste your work however, you are free to compose in the text box. There is no word count or character restrictions. You may save your work and return to it at a later time. When complete use the submit button. Once submitted, you will not be allowed to make changes to your proposal.
- Complete the online APPLICATION starting with the grant title. Complete each section, paying attention to and effectively explaining each bulleted point. It is recommended that you compose, copy and paste your work however, you are free to compose in the text box. There is no word count or character restrictions. You may save your work and return to it at a later time. When complete use the submit button. Once submitted, you will not be allowed to make changes to your grant proposal.
- Unlike the Teacher Grants, schools and systems should and can be identified in the application to provide clarity and purpose.
- Approval by the applicable school principal and Director of Schools is required on the cover sheet.
3. Award requirements and Reimbursement procedure:
- All applicants will be notified of award or non-award. Upon official notification of award, recipients may purchase only materials specified in the application. The BCPEF Executive Director must approve any changes in use of awarded funds. Funds may not be over-spent, and any money not spent will revert to BCPEF.
- When making purchases, use school purchase orders. After materials have been received, complete the Reimbursement Request by May 1 and attach all invoice copies. Submit to school bookkeeper who will submit to BCPEF in order for the school to receive reimbursement.
4. Project Report and Donor Response
- It is the responsibility of the recipient school to write a letter thanking the donor(s) for supporting the project through BCPEF, enclosing photos or class art work or other materials as appropriate and to send a copy to BCPEF.
- By May 15 (of the same school year of award/implementation) the recipient must submit a Year-1 Project Evaluation Report to the Foundation office by e-mail/pdf attachment and a follow up Year-2 Report due May 15 of the next school year following implementation of the award. Both Reports must include at a minimum:
- Results including Student Impact (incl. # of students)
- Itemized financial report
- Photos as appropriate which can be used for Foundation publicity
- Copies of communication with donor(s)
5. Summary of Dates
- Grant application deadline: June 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
- Award notification: 2020-2021 School Year Opening Session (Bradley County Schools and Cleveland City Schools each)
- Thank you letters to donor(s): January 15, 2021
- Reimbursement requests: May 1, 2021
- Year-1 Project evaluation report due: May 15, 2021
- Year-2 Project evaluation report due: May 15, 2022